Permanent Bid Manager – Construction
This is a senior level opportunity to join one of the largest and most respected construction contractors in the UK and have a direct impact on their reputation through quality of their product. For over 45 years they have been entrusted with the quality and timely delivery of a diverse range of complex new build, refurbishment and fit-out projects across a wide variety of sectors. The fact that over 3/4 of their turnover is generated by repeat business speaks volumes about how their clients perceive them and their customer service focus.
There is an immediate requirement for a Bid Manager to be based at the Bristol Head Office. This role is critical to winning new work and keeping existing contracts. You will be vital to the company’s continuing profitability. Reporting to the Executive Director you will be responsible for:
- Submitting a completed bid to an existing or prospective client, on time and within budget. In the process ensuring that all the client’s questions have been answered as fully as possible, and that your organisation has given itself the best possible chance of success.
- Leading all day-to-day aspects of an individual bid. Being involved in every aspect of the submission in order to have an excellent appreciation of what the client needs and how best to articulate how your organisation can provide that.
- Being the first point of contact for the client and liaising with estimators working on the bid.
- Developing an excellent, rounded knowledge of what you are offering and working with a wide variety of people.
- Building, managing, mentoring and motivating bid teams.
To be considered a suitable applicant for this role you will need the following attributes:
- Educated to HNC or Degree level in a construction related subject.
- Quick on your feet and assertive yet tactful in motivating other members of a bid team to produce a successful submission.
- You will have to cope with a substantial amount of responsibility, remain calm under sometimes severe pressure and be able to read and interpret instructions carefully.
- The ability to deal with complex business relationships and manage multiple resources to deliver a strong, winning case to the prospective client.
- Substantial relevant experience with a main contractor.
- Articulate and confident speaker with strong written communication skills.
An appropriate and industry relevant salary package will be offered to the right candidate for the role – someone who can have a positive business wide impact and relish the challenges the role presents. To apply for the role please follow instructions or call Paul Massocchi for a confidential discussion on 0117 9738 507 / 07932 647 631.